Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Shape Monsters

We have been learning about shapes the first 5 days in school. These are firsties so I tried to keep as age friendly as possible. They love learning about shapes. Especially since we can do fun things to learn about them. We started the unit on shapes with a Chart that was students/ class made of shapes we knew some things about. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but I didn't :(. We then talked about the different shapes. They also had had explore time during center with the shape manipulatives.
 
I have a daily math power point I do in which videos are embedded into. I can't upload the power point due to clip art terms of use, but I will but the links for all the you tube videos we used to help in our discussions and learning about shapes.
 
 
Square:
 
Circle:
 
 
 
 
Triangle:
 
 
Rectangle:
 
 
 
Rhombus:
 
Trapezoid:
 
Pentagon:
 
Other basic shape videos:
 
 
 We just focused on these 7 shapes for now. We then made a chart together as a class. The students wrote the numbers in for the sides and corners.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment